Friday, July 8, 2011

Coca Cola and the future of the world Advert.

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was a high school senior getting ready for my finals. I was going to get into college, get a degree and the then begin the real life. It was a dream I shared with my classmates and friend and this commercial captured that dream like nothing else could. "I am the future of the world, I am the hope of my nation. I am tomorrows people. I am the new inspiration." Mere words? I don't think so. Maybe we were naive and overoptimistic. This ad sealed my choice in the cola-war, as it did with my impressionable mates. It became a clarion call, a dream to fulfil. It matters little if the world didn't turn out the way I'd expected; corporate greed and the warship of self may have replaced a genuine care for our fellow men. But this song, nay, this call resounds to me just like it did the first time, 'we'll build another world for you'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home